Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Update:
-Where should I start. All right, it started with putting our house on the market for sale. We did "for sale by owner" for a fix price of $799. At first, we were nervious for not be able to sell our house. I think we priced our hosue right and had an offer within 2 weeks on the market. It was a great experience for us. A few of sleepless nights because I was worry about no offers and a few rush home trips just to show the house to potential buyers. We had one open house and it was a success.
-We closed our house on May 9, 2008. The buyer is a young lady named Megan Hunt.
-Moved in to a small 2-bedroom apartment on May 1, 2008. Life was exhasted after that. We couldn't get the internet working properly for a long time. We finally lost our land line and cable after struggling with AT&T for 1 1/2 month. We decided not to deal with AT&T anymore for our future house.
-Looking for a house is as hassle as selling a house. We spent a lot of weekends seeing houses and visiting open houses. Put in 2 offers for house on Birch St and Bellaire Ct but got rejected. I was very upset about the house on Birth St because I really like the location of the house. John didn't agree with me. At the last stage of our house searching, we put in an offer for a beautiful English Mannor style house on Mullbery Ln. The buyer didn't want to come down a bit on the asking price. Finally, we met with a builder named Greg. I really like the location of the lot of Verone but the house will take 10 months to build. John and I couldn't wait that long. We finally decided to buy our house on 4520 Mimosa Dr.
-We will be closing house on July 18, 2008. At first, I didn't like the layout because of a few colomn from foyer to the great room. John didn't mind at all and he actually like them. He said those colomn are the desgin of the house that seperated the dining area and the foyer and great room. I started to like the house after the lighting fixtures were in. I guess we have no choice at this point because we were trying to stay within our budget and still have money to invest in John's company's buy in plan. I will try to post the layout of the house later.
-Buying a new house involve a lot of time and $$$$. We spent a lot of time going to the house just to make sure things are in order. We spent extra $10k just for the appliances upgrade, lighting fixtures, bath accesseries, nicer door, build-in sink in the utility room, built in entertainment center, door numbers and a mailbox. We still have to budget another $5k for refrigerator, washer and dryer. No wonder people always said it is better to buy a used house than a new house.

No comments: